We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team!
As a DevOps Engineer with GeoGuard, you will be accountable for automating processes between software development and IT teams, performing deployment, monitoring, and maintaining our GeoGuard Shield systems to ensure the company’s backend infrastructure is running smoothly at all times. This person will work closely with the development team and service delivery and analytics team, maintaining open communication regarding servers, test environments, and advising on solutions.
The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of relevant experience and has solid IT knowledge in the following software in the Linux ecosystem: Ubuntu, Nginx, MySQL, PHP, HAProxy, and Node.js. You have a good understanding of scripting and programming on Python and Bash.
You are able to, and enjoy, working in small collaborative teams and have good communication and interpersonal skills when working with developers. You have a great passion for working in agile development process environments, and are a fast self-study and quick in solving tasks.
- Planning for new infrastructure requirements and ensure automation scripts are adequately planned for and created
- Writing and maintaining guidelines outlining steps required to prepare and support the environments
- Configuration of networks and storage
- Monitoring GeoGuard Shield servers and applications
- Maintaining and troubleshooting GeoGuard Shield environments (development, staging, and production)
- Assisting with load testing
- Responding to outages related to the GeoGuard Shield DevOps team
- Collaborating with GeoGuard Shield development and analytics teams to troubleshoot software-related issues
- Day-to-day management of Jenkins setup - adding new jobs, supporting multiple plugins, making sure reserve copies are in place and are consistent in at all times
- Ongoing development of Docker containers for various purposes
- Continuously improving the products’ security, stability and optimization
Skills and qualifications:
- 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace or Google Cloud Platform
- Competent and knowledgeable of monitoring and reporting tools such as Nagios
- Good experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with configuration management systems like Ansible
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Docker
- Comprehensive knowledge of security and compliance is a plus
- Good communication skills and good written and spoken technical English enough to discuss issues with teams remotely
- Motivating compensation: high competitive salary, bonus system, corporate language classes
- Personal development plan for each employee
- The chance to work with a motivated and talented international team
- Medical insurance
- Modern office space in the center of Kharkiv, near subway station "Naukova"
- We're always stocked up on snacks and coffee and have free lunches monthly
- Frequent team building events
If you have what we are looking for and would love to join our team in Kharkiv, we want to hear from you!
This position is located in Kharkiv, Ukraine. To learn more about us, visit www.geoguard.com
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; if we like what we see and feel you are a match for our position, we will be in touch.